Macbook pro 2011 (early) is destroying VGA adapters

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jasheq, Oct 14, 2015.

1. jasheq macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

I have a really annoying problem with my old mac 13 inch. It is already a 3rd adapter that I am using. First one lasted for 1 year, second one for 2 days and the 3rd one for 1 month.

The adapters just stop working after some time. I am sure it is not a matter of luck... The screen is detected and I can even change the resolution but there is no video signal.

Today when the last one broke I realized that I restarted the computer with the adapter plugged in and it stopped working just after the reboot. It also happened for the second one that I had been using, it was a java update that restarted the mac and the adapter stopped working after that.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jan

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

What can we say, if you can fix it by buying another one buy another one, if you don't want to, you can either get a new computer or a new monitor either of which is a lot more than a VGA adapter.

Are they cheap chinese rubbish from ebay??? If they are spend a bit more and buy something better is my only advice, if not then can't really give you an answer.

3. jasheq thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, Thanks for replying. All of them were original apple adapters. I am getting a new mac in some time but I would really like to solve this problem and know what is going on.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It seems that something is burning them out maybe a power surge or something try a different make I'm sure there are thousands on Amazon.