Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suereinberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2015
canada
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2011 Macbook Pro and erased the hard drive and installed the operating system I think it was called "LION"?? I noticed that iPhoto doesn't show up on the laptop and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know why or where I can get it from and if yes what version iPhoto do i get because this is a 2011 Macbook Pro?

One other question, Since the operating system LION I think there have been two or three others since then. If I was to update the operating system do I just update to the most current one or do I have to update each one such as Maverick, then Yosemite then again the most current one?

thanks so much !!

sue

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
Hello,

I recently purchased a 2011 Macbook Pro and erased the hard drive and installed the operating system I think it was called "LION"?? I noticed that iPhoto doesn't show up on the laptop and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know why or where I can get it from and if yes what version iPhoto do i get because this is a 2011 Macbook Pro?

One other question, Since the operating system LION I think there have been two or three others since then. If I was to update the operating system do I just update to the most current one or do I have to update each one such as Maverick, then Yosemite then again the most current one?

thanks so much !!

sue
You can upgrade straight to El Capitan if you wish, no need to go through all 3 updates.

iPhoto is part of the iLife suite, it should be bundled with the OS install, though you may have to "purchase" it off of the apple store.

Regardless in El Capitan and Yosemite it has been replaced by another app.

venom600

macrumors 65816
Mar 23, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
iPhoto has to be downloaded from the Mac App Store. If you've updated it previously, it should be in your "Purchased" apps section. If it isn't there, you're out of luck. You'll have to use Photos in that case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.