MacBook Pro 2011 Graphic Isue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kois, Aug 1, 2012.

1. kois macrumors newbie

Hello everybody, I have a 2011 15" MBP with an i7 proc and an AMD Radeon 6490 video card and I took it to the seaside, and had a nice time here for a week, when suddenly the screen starts flickering and changing colors from black to a striped blue, and after 20 minutes, my black color disappeared, leaving my MBP just with a blue-ish based-on graphic palette. So there are all the colors, but now with an extra light blue with small vertical strips. I have no idea why this happened, the only factor I can think about is the humidity, considering the little distance between the sea and the room I stay in, where the MBP remained all the time. Is there any chance I can get my normal colors back? Is it the graphic card or is it some connection problem between the screen and the hardware parts? It works fine in the rest, but this graphic issue is killing me at the moment. If you have any idea, I would be very happy.

Thank you in advance, have a nice day and greetings from the seaside!

2. kois thread starter macrumors newbie

I ran Apple Hardware Test, the basic and the extended version, a gpu switcher, but it looks like there's nothing hardware, so I still think about the display or it's connections to the laptop itself.
    L.E. I managed to find an authorized service in Bucharest, unfortunately I can't reach the big city at the moment, just after the half of august...so till then, my eyes will get blue :confused:

3. kois thread starter macrumors newbie

It came back to normal after two days of non-usage. I will take it to a diagnostic control, but after I'll come back to the city. I'll post the result, hoping it's gonna be fine anyways. Have a nice day!