macbook pro 2011 logout issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by peppolone, Apr 12, 2011.

1. peppolone macrumors newbie

there is a issue with my new macbookpro 2011 15" ssd antiglare. when i logout form my profile, the resolution of the screen change from 1680 to 1440 and when i re-login the resolution are the same and the system is locked.
    i tried to format my disk and reinstall macos (so now my system is fresh), i resetted my PRAM, etc..., but the problem remains.
    i went to geniusbar and i called apple, they'll send me a new mbp, but there is the same issue, i think it is a os problem
    sorry for my english

to Reproduce:
    open chess app (or an app that uses the Ati card), logout and login (macbook pro 2011 15''/17'')

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I have noticed the same thing happen if I start a VM in the integrated then go to the local machine and change to the dedicated. When I go back to the VM, it will not respond, but if I go back to the local machine and change it to the card that the VM loaded up with, then go back to the VM it runs normally again. Never noticed the same with OS X though.

3. frankieboy macrumors regular

Did you migrate your settings from an older computer? Maybe your Display Preferences plist needs deleting.

Create another account and see if the problem appears logging out from that account.