Macbook pro 2011 - No batteries available

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swisspere, Aug 3, 2012.

1. swisspere macrumors newbie

After coming home from buying parts to build a desktop, I booted up my Mac, got to the bootcamp menu and picked windows. After the loading screen it would restart and the same thing would happen. Tried going into OSX, same outcome.

Then I went into safeboot and saw the battery status shows "No battery available." If I removed the power cable at all it would instantly shut down.

After googling for some solutions, I think my battery may be dead, which is a shame because the laptop is only 1.5 years old and I have been taking good care of the battery and its cycles (roughly under 60).

I did not purchase apple care and would not mind buying and replacing the battery myself. Is there any good battery replacement you guys could recommend? Preferably cost friendly to ship to Australia too!

Macbook Pro early 2011

2. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Generally using a non-Apple battery isn't a great idea. A lot of them have problems holding a charge. Some have had problems with them swelling, which could actually damage your computer. The amount of money you'd save just isn't worth it, in my opinion. Best to get a replacement battery directly from Apple.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You shouldn't use non-Apple power accessories in general.