Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
hey my MBP around 33% just powers off completely and won't turn back on until put into power.

I have installed an SSD samsung eve 840 recently which is a bit loose and i can hear it moving as i couldn't find anything to secure it.

do you think its somehow damaging the battery or pressing on it to make it loose and cause loss of charge?

its a very annoying thing on my laptop and i'm not sure how to handle it. contemplating buying a new MBP soon because of this issue but i don't know if i can cope with glossy screens of the MBP retina atm.

simonsi

Contributor
Jan 3, 2014
Auckland
I have installed an SSD samsung eve 840 recently which is a bit loose and i can hear it moving as i couldn't find anything to secure it.

Irrespective, having the SSD move will stress its connector and possibly cause it to lose contact - it could be the cause of the issue.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
hey my MBP around 33% just powers off completely and won't turn back on until put into power.

Sounds like a bad battery.

It should be secured in exactly the same way that the old HDD was secured.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 4, 2010
I opened up the MBP and the battery was swollen which seems to point to the battery at fault.

How would I go about replacing the battery? What shall I buy? I'm based in the UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.