MacBook Pro 2011 - Problem with hd 3000

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 87MrRich, Jun 14, 2011.

1. 87MrRich, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

87MrRich macrumors newbie

Hi,
    i just bought the new macbook pro 15', and I have a problem when i try to use, with gfxcardstatus, only the integrated videocard (hd3000) instead of 6750m...
    the youtube videos don't work, sometimes only audio but absolutely not video, and there are no problem if i use the 6750... there are only stripes... and the webnavigation it's slow for loading pages....

what i must to do??? thank u very much for helping :)

2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

I have some issues with mine as well, its with the 6750 though not the 3000

3. SinisteR-33139 macrumors newbie

SinisteR-33139

I know this might not be the solution but it's what I'd do first. Have you run software updater yet in case there's any fixes for your problem?

Also check this link because there could be a fix/patch for your problem http://support.apple.com/downloads/

4. 87MrRich thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for reply..
    of course i did the software updater first of all :)

but it's strange that only with hd 3000 it gives that problem with videos and slow web pages....
    do u know some fix or maybe i must call apple?? (now i m lookin in apple support if there is a fix)

5. JR1993 macrumors regular

One would expect the hd3000 to be worse than the 6750, but you would always expect it to perform simple tasks like show a youtube video. I would call apple.

6. 87MrRich thread starter macrumors newbie

yes it's exactly what i think... do u think i must to install this http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1382?viewlocale=en_US

or maybe it s included when i downloaded with apple software updater??

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

Worth a try, might not have installed by itself.

8. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I dont even know if I have it installed (the update), I need to check when I get home. :mad:

9. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

With what browser is this occurring? I ask as Firefox and Chrome will turn on the designated GPU due to their OpenGL licensing and instituting of it (it can be disabled in the latest FF, don't think Chrome can yet). If you have the GPU locked in internal only, this could cause issues like you are seeing. If not using Safari, try it and see if your issues are resolved.

10. 87MrRich thread starter macrumors newbie

ok it s like u said... with safari no problem with integrated.... the problems are with firefox because it use necessary the dedicated....

mmmm i will use safari :D :apple::apple::apple::apple:

11. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I tried installing the update 1.4 and the installer told me my machine didnt meet the minimum requirements, odd.

12. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

If you insist on using FF, in FF 4 in the preference settings there exists the option to disable the graphics card switching allowing it to work with the integrated (from what i understand it works rather well, but I can't say for sure as I only use FF for one website, as it isn't compatible with Safari and I haven't tried Chrome so I can't comment on that).