Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

elthewa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
hi,
i want to buy one of the latest mac book pros, but confused how to choose one!
i use apple aperture alot and also love to play the upcoming diablo 3, and rest downloading movies and watching them, surfin internet and other stuff, so please tell me which macbook pro should i choose??? macbook pro 13 inch i7 or macbook pro 15"?

Nov 28, 2010
located
The 15" MBP will do much better due to the dedicated GPU, which is absent from the 13" MBP. But I don't know the specs of Diablo 3, if it ever comes out, but the higher GPU (AMD Radeon HD 6750M) might be better suited for that.
But Aperture can live with the 13" MBP's GPU.

Maybe a more descriptive thread title could also help finding more responses, as yours is quite "broad".
To edit your thread title, just click on the
edit.gif
button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.

elthewa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
thanks

aperture sucks on my old macbook pro mid2008 version, so u really think aperture works very fast on MBP13"?? i want it to run not just ok but way faster then my current macbook pro!!
thanks for the help

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
aperture sucks on my old macbook pro mid2008 version, so u really think aperture works very fast on MBP13"?? i want it to run not just ok but way faster then my current macbook pro!!
thanks for the help

It would run fine on the 13" however as stated above, the best choice is the 15" with the dedicated GPU.

Nov 28, 2010
located
aperture sucks on my old macbook pro 2008 version, so u really think MBP13 is works smoothly with it?
thanks for the help

That depends on the size of your images and if they are in RAW format or something smaller. But I prefer Lightroom, as Aperture was very slow for my 12MP RAW images anyway.
And a dedicated GPU will help your performance, but the 13" could suffice for the Aperture usage you do.

elthewa

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2011
thanks, it really helps,
i susually edit in jpegs and hardly use raw, i thought about moving to lightroom but for ameture like me, i thought the interface of aperture was way user friendly:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.