MacBook Pro 2011

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by la9, Jun 14, 2012.

1. la9 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I am new to your forum and I would be very grateful if anyone could help me with a few questions that I have!

What are Pseudo extensions?

How do you know what certificates should be installed on your Mac book?

My battery is getting very hot and my speakers keep making a Whoosing type sound, My Mac book is late 2011 15'' my computer only has Norton mac installed and onyx on it! should my battery or speakers do this?

Also my battery time keeps changing ie its goes from 52% to 35% to
    100% randomly and so does my computers time! Is this normal? :confused:

Sorry for all the questions, I hope someone can help me, or advise me on whats right or wrong.

Thanking you in advance

la9 :)

2. FastEddiebags macrumors 6502

Does that seem normal to you? Just bring it to an apple store and they might tell you to replace the battery.

3. la9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi FastEddiebags,

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

I have taken it into Apple and they just reinstalled my mac HD!

I don't think it is normal- but I am not computer savvy, hence my reason for posting here! feel a bit thick to be honest.

My Mac Book is brand new I only bought it last October and only use it for work- for which i use logmein so I don't have work docs or anything like that installed on my comp!

Should I need a new battery this quick?

la9:)

4. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

If you only bought it in October it's still under warranty, so I'd definitely bring it in. If there's nothing wrong, they'll tell you that. But if there is something wrong then they can fix it for you. The only way to find out for sure is to have someone look at it.