MacBook Pro 2012 sleep awake issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HaruAoki, Dec 2, 2014.

1. HaruAoki macrumors member

HaruAoki

Hello, I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) and ever since I got it I've been having this sleep awake issue have taken it in to Apple many time and replaced the sleep awake sensors re-instaled the OS 3 times, some PRAM and SMC resets, start up in safe mode but none of that has ever fixed it, Apple is also claiming that they have never been able to remake the issue I'm having.

[​IMG]

The problem I'm having with my MacBook is when ever the computer is plug up to power and you close the lid to put it to sleep after coming back after a couple of hours (e.g. 4 to 6 hours) when you open the lid the computer will make some nose and then It will go into safe sleep (with the loading bar down below) this will take a while once its finally finished safe sleep it will take you to the login menu it will be frozen and you won't be able to type in the password or move the mouse.

After a couple of minuets it will unfroze you will be able to type for password in and login to the computer after logging in the computer will be frozen agin for a couple of minuets and then the computer will be fine after that with no other issues. Until the next time the computer goes to sleep and the issue happens over and over again.

Below is a link to a video with the same issue I have, this video is not of my computer since at the moment do not have a video of my computer but the problem in the video haves the same issue as mine.

Link to video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiPvQl7W7eQ

Has anyone else had this problem or know of away to fix this issue its been almost a year now and Apple has not been able to fix it.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.

2. HaruAoki thread starter macrumors member

HaruAoki

Talked to a apple supervise on the phone told me to go into the apple store tomorrow to get another hardware test done on the computer after the test is done the apple supervise will call up the apple store I'm going to and then they will see if they can fix it or replace it.

3. HaruAoki thread starter macrumors member

HaruAoki

MacBook Pro 2012 sleep awake issue

Hello, (this is a repost due to posting this in the macbook section and not the macbook pro section) I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) and ever since I got it I've been having this sleep awake issue have taken it in to Apple many time and replaced the sleep awake sensors re-instaled the OS 3 times, some PRAM and SMC resets, start up in safe mode but none of that has ever fixed it, Apple is also claiming that they have never been able to remake the issue I'm having.

[​IMG]

The problem I'm having with my MacBook is when ever the computer is plug up to power and you close the lid to put it to sleep after coming back after a couple of hours (e.g. 4 to 6 hours) when you open the lid the computer will make some nose and then It will go into safe sleep (with the loading bar down below) this will take a while once its finally finished safe sleep it will take you to the login menu it will be frozen and you won't be able to type in the password or move the mouse.

After a couple of minuets it will unfroze you will be able to type for password in and login to the computer after logging in the computer will be frozen agin for a couple of minuets and then the computer will be fine after that with no other issues. Until the next time the computer goes to sleep and the issue happens over and over again.

Below is a link to a video with the same issue I have, this video is not of my computer since at the moment do not have a video of my computer but the problem in the video haves the same issue as mine.

Link to video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiPvQl7W7eQ

Has anyone else had this problem or know of away to fix this issue its been almost a year now and Apple has not been able to fix it.

Thank you for your time and have a great day.

----------

Talked to a apple supervise on the phone told me to go into the apple store tomorrow to get another hardware test done on the computer after the test is done the apple supervise will call up the apple store I'm going to and then they will see if they can fix it or replace it.