MacBook Pro 2012 stuck help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kryptonite069, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Kryptonite069 macrumors newbie

Hi guys , so I bought my MacBook Pro 13 inch that was running completely fine from a pawn shop .. Unfortunately when I moved up to kelowna for school it completely locked on me and the icloud sound and lock went on .. I called apple and the pawnshop and neither of them are doing anything for me , I tried telling apple to contact the old user so I could give it back but apparently it's against ther policy so I'm left with a MacBook Pro that's really useless ATM. I'm a student and really need to solve this problem ASAP so I can write my paper. It has a 4-pin lock ... I've seen that changing the amount of ram will unlock it but only for models that are older than 2010. I'm stuck with this Mac and running out of options please help so I can make the most out of the money that I paid for it so it doesn't go to waste ! My parents are going to kill me hahahaha (because I used their money) help will be appreciated!!!

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

you probably bought a stolen MBP. You're probably out of luck. I'd contact the police - the pawn shop shouldn't be selling stolen anything and should have a record of who they bought it from. Of course shady pawnshops often ignore stuff like that.

3. macNwindow macrumors member

try to do a clean instal by deleting the old System OS partition and reinstalling the OS again.

4. newdeal, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2013

newdeal macrumors 68020

Nxt time you buy a laptop used first thing to do is reset the pram so they cant lock you out (it erases the find my mac data apparantly). Now that it is locked you are likely screwed unless you buy a new logic board and just change it out or damage your logic board to the point of needing a new one and get apple to change it out for you lol

Ok i found the answer, buy something called a teensy 3.0 and program it with instructions you can find on google. It will go through each number allowing you to find out the code without having to try each number yourself. It costs like $19. Dont erase anything as you need it to be on the icloud pin screen to work apparantly

5. Kryptonite069 thread starter macrumors newbie

already went to police..

----------

I sent the laptop back home to Vancouver where it was supposed to get fixed.. I'll be getting it back soon so ill give this a shot. I wonder if it will let me get to the boot screen from the main lock screen.

6. macNwindow macrumors member

this will help you do the clean install: http://support.apple.com/kb/ph11273