Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Th3taJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2014
51
0
Milford, NH
I recently purchased a 27-inch iMac and it's grown into the best computer I've ever purchased. It's for this reason that I am converting my wife to Apple. She wants the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, which we're ready to purchase, but there's all these mixed rumors that their may be a new version of the MacBook Pro in September, which is only a couple months away.

She can wait a couple of months, but would not want to wait till 2015.

Is there anyone who can shed light on whether it will be worth the wait and how far away the release date might be? I would feel like such a fool if I bought her a MacBook Pro and then a newer version came out around the same price not even a month later.

I really appreciate any opinions!
 

Epiphron

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
234
10
I'm trying to wait too. It'll most likely come September/October, but since Broadwell processors aren't ready, we're likely to see just a minor processor bump, price drop, and hopefully a better graphics card for the high end
 

Th3taJ

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2014
51
0
Milford, NH
I'm trying to wait too. It'll most likely come September/October, but since Broadwell processors aren't ready, we're likely to see just a minor processor bump, price drop, and hopefully a better graphics card for the high end

The graphics-end is the only thing I would hold out on. I think the processor and price is fine for what it is. If the Iris Pro was the next generation that would be ideal, but the regular Iris isn't bad.
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.