Macbook Pro 2014 Release Date

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Th3taJ, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Th3taJ macrumors member

Th3taJ

I recently purchased a 27-inch iMac and it's grown into the best computer I've ever purchased. It's for this reason that I am converting my wife to Apple. She wants the MacBook Pro with Retina Display, which we're ready to purchase, but there's all these mixed rumors that their may be a new version of the MacBook Pro in September, which is only a couple months away.

She can wait a couple of months, but would not want to wait till 2015.

Is there anyone who can shed light on whether it will be worth the wait and how far away the release date might be? I would feel like such a fool if I bought her a MacBook Pro and then a newer version came out around the same price not even a month later.

I really appreciate any opinions!

2. Epiphron macrumors regular

I'm trying to wait too. It'll most likely come September/October, but since Broadwell processors aren't ready, we're likely to see just a minor processor bump, price drop, and hopefully a better graphics card for the high end

3. Th3taJ thread starter macrumors member

Th3taJ

The graphics-end is the only thing I would hold out on. I think the processor and price is fine for what it is. If the Iris Pro was the next generation that would be ideal, but the regular Iris isn't bad.

4. Th3taJ thread starter macrumors member

Th3taJ

Source? o.o

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

There have been a number of stories in the tech press stating that Broadwell will be delayed until 2015, perhaps even as late as Q3 due to yield problems.

6. Pitmaster macrumors member

This

And this

Oh, and this one too

Sorry dude. Odds are, even if Apple gets Broadwell chips in Q4 2014, they won't make them into the chassis until 2015.

7. Th3taJ thread starter macrumors member

Th3taJ

Hey, thanks for the links, that's great information!

Yeah...you might be right in this circumstance...Just don't understand why so many articles state September.