Resolved MacBook Pro 2015 13inch battery is failing, any tips?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tharitm, Aug 9, 2019.

1. tharitm macrumors regular

tharitm

So the battery of my MBP 13inch retina is failing, I got it from eBay. Apple quoted a repair charge of $199, does anyone know the repair cost at Best Buy (Geek Squad)? Any ideas on how to get this repaired in an economical way? iFixit has a kit but I'm not sure if its safe to do it at home though. Can I get a squaretrade warranty for it and get it fixed through them?

2. Webster's Mac macrumors regular

Apple's battery replacement is your best bet. It'll be the highest quality battery, and will most likely include a new keyboard and topcase as well since the battery is glued to that assembly.

3. tharitm thread starter macrumors regular

tharitm

would it include a logic board as well by any chance? something strange that happened was when its plugged in, the battery charging wattage is low, 0.29W-0.5W. I'm trying to figure out if its the charger though.

4. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

Take it to a brick-n-mortar Apple Store genius bar and have them do the replacement.

It should cost $200 including parts AND labor. Make sure you know this BEFORE you put it into their hands for the job.

This is almost certainly the easiest and most cost-effective way to get the job done.

You now have the answers to your questions.
    Get going.

5. leman macrumors G3

Economical way: go to the official store and pay the official price to get an original, safe battery with warranty. You can probably have it done cheaper in a non-licensed shop, but they will most likely use refurbished or counterfeit batteries and I doubt it will be that much cheaper.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 10, 2019 ---
    No it doesn't.