MacBook Pro 2015 fan issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alexrat1996, Aug 24, 2016.

1. Alexrat1996, Aug 24, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2016

Alexrat1996 Suspended

Hello I have a MacBook Pro 2015 the fans get loud when I boot up the computer and the computer gets hot is that normal I had the same issue twice and apple Replaced some parts could this be a hardware issue

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Try reset PRAM & SMC if you haven't already.

3. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

If your MBPro gets hot, then you should expect the fans to run faster. That's what the fan is used for. :D
    What software are you running when you notice the fans?
    Have you checked in your Activity Monitor utility to see if some process is causing your issue (best place to look is under CPU, then click on the %CPU to sort by that value.
    What's the first few items on the list?

5. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

When I boot up the fans kick in without me doing nothing on the machine apple support says that not normal and also other issue I'm having is the led in the charger when I plug it in is off then it comes on and I'm running the lasted two software
    --- Post Merged, Aug 24, 2016 ---
    Also something is making a chirp noise inside the computer is that normal or not also

6. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

If apple support says your computer isn't behaving normally, why are you asking us if it's normal? Take it in for service.

Take it in for service.

Your posts are borderline incoherent and I had to read your posts several times to fully understand what you're trying to say. If you'd like us to help you troubleshoot your issues, please, PLEASE, PLEASE start using punctuation and proper sentence structure so we can easily understand what you're saying.

7. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

It's the third time this happens do you think people Apple will replaced the computer instead of fixing it

8. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

That is ultimately up to Apple. Take it in for service and ask them.

9. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

I have istat I see the number of the fan High when I boot it up then it goes down to zero rpm this can't be Normal

10. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Do you have a 2015 13" rMBP? My fan is at 0 RPM when the computer is idle. I don't know why it would be on high when you boot it up though. If a SMC reset doesn't fix it, you really need to take it in to Apple. Alternatively, have you ever run the built in diagnostics?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731

11. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

I ran it and yes I have the 2015 13 rmbp. Diagnostic show nothing wrong with it. I tried to run the smc but the charger led wouldn't turn on then it automatically came on

12. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

When the rMBP is off, you plug in the charger. The light should turn on. I have had to re-seat mine a few times in the past, doesn't seem to be a big deal.

Once the charger is plugged in and the light is on, press Shift-Control-Option on the left side of the keyboard, then press the power button at the same time.

Let go of the 4 keys you pressed and then press the power button to turn the computer on.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

If the SMC reset process isn't working something is obviously wrong with your Mac and you need to take it in for service.

13. Alexrat1996 thread starter Suspended

I will take to Apple. It could be the same thing again they need to fix it