MacBook Pro 2015 locks up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zapdoc, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Zapdoc macrumors member

New MBP 2015 16gb and 1Tb as standard has started to freeze at log in stage after being asleep

I see s red tick at Admin log on and it freezes needing to shut down by press and hold start button then ok
    Any ideas please advise. Has not been modified in any way running latest Higg Sierra version and only began doing this after recent update

2. Shadow Jolteon macrumors regular

Shadow Jolteon

It sounds like your computer is going into hibernation mode and not being able to come out of it. After the 10.13.4 update, my iMac started doing this, as well. I fixed it by setting the power settings for AutoPowerOff back to zero.

Here's what you'll need to enter into Terminal on an administrator account to accomplish this:
    Code:
    sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
    sudo pmset -a autopoweroffdelay 0
    Press the return key after each line and enter your admin password when prompted, then reboot your computer. You can verify the current power settings changed by entering pmset -g in Terminal, or through the System Information application's Power section.

Here's a couple links with more information on the AutoPowerOff function:
    https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/113954/
    https://superuser.com/questions/652599/

3. Zapdoc thread starter macrumors member

--- Post Merged, Apr 11, 2018 ---
    Hi thanks for helping me this appears to have solved the problem. Appreciate your fast reply

4. Zapdoc thread starter macrumors member

Still doing it after trying this fix. Any ideas please ?

5. macjunk(ie) macrumors 6502a

downgrade to Sierra maybe? This solved it for me