MacBook pro 2016 15" touchpad problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LimeGuy, Dec 8, 2016.

1. LimeGuy macrumors newbie

LimeGuy

Hey guys . . .

So, I just received my MacBook Pro 15" today, and im very happy about it overall. . .
    Then, I discovered something "odd" about the touchpad. . .

The sound it makes is a little "meh" Imo, but I can live with that.
    But when im pushing it, the entire touchpad goes down into the body, and it clearly "bends" to reveal 1-2mm of the edge of the body where the touchpad sits, especially at the top of the touchpad its very easy to see...
    when fiddling around with it some more, the entire touchpad seems to move down a lot in generel, when activating the forcetouch function. . .
    It simply doesn't feel solid at all, and that bugs me a lot to be honest.

How normal is that, and should I be worried?

Attached Files:

2. airlied macrumors regular

airlied

this is not normal at all since the trackpad uses motors to mimic the press it shouldnt be moving at all.

3. jwpoof macrumors member

Mine moves, does the same thing. I get that the click is now mimicked but the trackpad on my 2016 definitely depresses.

If I click it very lightly, it might not move, but I can definitely press further down.

4. LimeGuy thread starter macrumors newbie

LimeGuy

I could understand if there was just a slight movement, perhaps not to "stress" the touchpad or something...
    But this just looks like there is something wrong, without me knowing anything for sure ^^

@jwpoof - do you mind posting a picture of you're Mac doing this "trick" ?

To add some ekstra "ehm's", the screen also makes a slight sound when gently shaking the entire macbook...
    that was also a known issue with the 2015 macbook as I recall... the LCD is actually a little loose inside the enclosure, wich gives enough room for it to move back and forth when shaken... when I gently apply pressure on the screen and then start shaking, the noises are gone... damn, im frustrated :/