Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TBoneMac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 26, 2017
CA
Hello, I just wanted to make a thread for a sole purpose. For people who love the butterfly keys and the way they are positioned on these Macbook pros.

I love the butterfly keys. Don't get me wrong, the new Magic Keyboard for the iPadPro is really excellent too, I just feel like the butterfly keys have received way more hate than love and that's really not fair. Sure they may not be perfect and maybe it was the most faulty keyboard that apple made but despite that it has an amazing feel to it and also despite the keyboard the 2016-2019 macbook pros have been the macbook pros with the LOWEST amount of issues overall, believe it or not. The macbook pro16'' seems to have been a step back in many ways aside from the keyboard and obviously better screen.

Anyways, all that to say that I love the butterfly keys and they're actually what made me impulse buy the macbook pro 2017 (my first apple product that I bought).

I also LOVE how the keyboard ends exactly where the display would end if the screen was a 4:3 display - a very Apple/Steve Jobs design choice if you ask me

• Haha
Reactions: navaira
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.