MacBook Pro 2016 and Adobe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Miltz, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Miltz macrumors 6502

does anyone have adobe photoshop installed on a MacBook Pro 2016 15inch model without any issues? If the adobe software is buggy, I don't want to install it yet. From what I've seen and read everyone who's having graphics issues has adobe installed. I'm not sure if battery life issues are included in that so I'm leaving that out for now. So please chime in. I just got a fully loaded 15" for Christmas .

2. happypeople macrumors member

I have the 2016 15" 2.6 GHz, Radeon 450, 512GB upgrade with Adobe Photoshop CC, Bridge, and Lightroom installed and haven't any any issues.

I haven't used them too much yet as I am still transitioning over from my previous machine, but so far photoshop has run smoothly with the few large .tiff files (>800mb) that I have thrown at it, and Bridge hasn't given me any issues whatsoever.

It might be worth mentioning that I have only experienced one graphics issue on the day of unboxing, and I haven't seen it since updating my software to 10.12.2. I am also experiencing better battery life than many people on this forum as well, so it is possible that I have lucked out with a great model.

Hope that helps :)

3. Miltz thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I'm glad to hear your new Mac is working the way it's supposed to.

4. happypeople macrumors member

No problem! Hope that you have a good experience with your new Mac as well!

Enjoy!! I am sure that your machine will fly through photoshop with the 460, and even the 450 has been plenty capable for my needs so far.

Happy New Year!

5. Miltz thread starter macrumors 6502

Did your Mac come with 10.12.1 or 10.12.2 from the factory?

6. happypeople macrumors member

Mine came with 10.12.1 from the factory, I received it two days after the 10.12.2 update in the early afternoon, and I updated to 12.12.2 after a couple hours of getting everything set up the way I wanted. It was during that time that I experienced a graphics issue. It was pretty minor though, just a small red box that flickered and went away in Bridge. I haven't experienced anything similar since that 10.12.2 update though.

7. xaqt93 macrumors 6502

xaqt93

I do not have the 15-inch model of the MacBook Pro. However, I do have the 13-inch without the touch bar and it works great. I love Photoshop CC. It is just more then fantastic.

8. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

Photoshop activates one GPU only (set in the Perfomance setting) so no issues here.

Premiere and Media Encoder were showing bugs because during playback and rendering the app kept switching back and forth between iGPU and dGPU causing glitches because both GPUs approach Quartz compositing, Metal and colour profile rendering differently. Software updates will fix that.

9. Carilyn macrumors member

Carilyn

No issues with photoshop or Lightroom for me on my 15". Runs smooth as butter and the touch bar really is great in PS.