MacBook Pro 2016 clicking case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DennisdeWit, May 30, 2017.

1. DennisdeWit macrumors regular

DennisdeWit

Dear,

When I open my MacBook Pro 2016 (13 inch with Touch Bar), my case is clicking. This is the swapped MacBook Pro from February 2017. My earlier MacBook Pro was already swapped due to keyboard issues.

Can anyone relate to this? I have made a video of it. YouTube: Strange clicking when opening MacBook Pro 2016

Let me know what you'd expect what is wrong with it, or if this is normal behaviour.

Thanks,
    Dennis

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

Hmm did you buy it in South Africa? Maybe it's just trying to say "Hello"?

By the sounds of it, it's an issue with the magnets, I think they still have them but could be wrong. Anyway could just be a loose screw so it's slapping back into the case. Phone up Apple and probably take it to a store, I'd imagine it's a 5 minute fix.

3. DennisdeWit thread starter macrumors regular

DennisdeWit

Nope, I bought it in the Netherlands. Maybe it is trying to talk to me. But I already have Siri, you know... :))

I will take the MacBook to an APR soon this week. Let's hope they can fix it. Unfortunately, the Store is far away from where I live. So it will be an APR, and probably sending it in for a repair, waiting 2 weeks and then getting it back. Even if it's a 'quick fix'. :))