MacBook Pro 2016 no touch bar, boot camp problem "Can't install the software because it is not curre

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RB.mac, Oct 30, 2016.

1. RB.mac macrumors newbie

Has anyone gotten boot camp installed successfully on their MBP 2016 with no touch bar?

I've got a new MacBook Pro (late 2016) with no touch bar. I've updated the software and am now trying to setup boot camp with windows 10. I've downloaded the ISO linked to in apple's support page, but when I click Install, the next page says "Downloading windows support software" and eventually times out with "Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server." I definitely am connected to the internet (typing from the laptop now), so I'm not sure what to try next.

To rule out the apple servers actually being down, I tried and successfully completed this process on my 2015 12in MacBook with no issues. I've also reinstalled the OS and done a disk check with no errors found.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe this software package doesn't exist yet for the new models?

Thanks in advance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Awjvail macrumors 6502

The error message means exactly what it says. The Bootcamp drivers aren't available yet for the new MBPs.

3. bbates123 macrumors 6502

Yes, I posted a thread on this issue earlier today. After going through 2nd tier support I have an escalated ticket in with 3rd tier waiting for a reply. The 2nd tier guy said that he didn't see anything stating that the drivers weren't available yet but I suspect that's the issue.

4. snakes- macrumors regular

What we learned from this? stay away from ms windows :po_O

5. RB.mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the helpful reply bbates. I ended up calling and had the same experience you did. They weren't able to directly confirm that the package should be available but didn't see anything saying it wasn't.

6. sinoka56 macrumors regular

with all the time they had ... they released a half baked product ...

7. b_scott macrumors 6502a

b_scott

8. sinoka56 macrumors regular

non-touch base rMBPs are already available

9. bbates123 macrumors 6502

I sure hope this gets sorted out within my 14 day return window. If I can't run Windows on this laptop (needed for work) it's a no-go for me.

10. NickPhamUK macrumors 6502

NickPhamUK

With Apple's track record of how they handle bootcamp updates, I'd say you have to wait for at least 2-3 months.

It's safe to say you need to say bye bye to the newly bought Mac :D

11. bbates123 macrumors 6502

I'm playing around with Parallels and Fusion to see if one of them might be a suitable substitute. So far they seem to be real battery hogs but maybe they will be better once things settle down. Would much prefer to have a system with more ram when running either of these.

12. gbdavid macrumors newbie

I've been using Parallels for 3+ years and never had significant battery draining issues. Love coherence mode, it makes things be more like Apple. I once installed bootcamp and tried it out for a few hours and immediately removed it, it's awfully damaging in user experience to your Mac.

13. Awjvail macrumors 6502

Does Parallels work well on the new MBP? Any compatibility issues?