Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mannaerts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Belgium, Antwerp
hello,

I am thinking about buying a mbp or an iPad pro.
The main usage will be watching movies but now i wanted to ask which has the better screen?

I don't mean bigger or so but in terms of color and brightness

Thx

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
The main usage will be watching movies but now i wanted to ask which has the better screen?
Which iPad, the mini, the iPad air 2, the 9.7" pro or the 12" pro?

Same question for the MBP, the 13" or 15"

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
Depends what you mean by better, the bigger it is the better it will be for watching movies on surely.

As for screen quality the 9.7 inch iPad pro and the new MacBook pros have the best brightness and colour gamut.

Carilyn

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2016
I have both the 12.9" pro iPad and a new 15" MBP. Both have beautiful screens.

If I was choosing between a 9" iPad and 13" MBP I'd choose the MBP for movies because it's a little bigger screen real estate but it's also more $$$. The 9" iPads seem small to me.

Mannaerts

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 2, 2010
Belgium, Antwerp
I have both the 12.9" pro iPad and a new 15" MBP. Both have beautiful screens.

If I was choosing between a 9" iPad and 13" MBP I'd choose the MBP for movies because it's a little bigger screen real estate but it's also more $$$. The 9" iPads seem small to me.
I am watching movies now at a iPad 2 (not an Air 2) so i'm considering the MBP for having the better OS and not having to hold the iPad in bed. Otherwise the iPad is about $1000 cheaper but if the screen is not as good as the MBP i will go for the MBP

christophermdia

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2008
I just purchased a MBP to replace a 12" MB and 12" iPad Pro ... i have a 9" iPad and use it more for iPad stuff and movies, but complements a 13" pro well ....

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
I think i'll buy the mbp as i already have an iPad and i'm gold here that the bigger screen estate is better for movies

Well the only difference is you can use a MacBook for other use also but I watch movies on my iPad 3 the experience is not fantastic but it is not bad either infact it isn't bad at all watching movies on an iPad with Netflix and stuff.

Last edited:

thunng8

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2006
I am watching movies now at a iPad 2 (not an Air 2) so i'm considering the MBP for having the better OS and not having to hold the iPad in bed. Otherwise the iPad is about $1000 cheaper but if the screen is not as good as the MBP i will go for the MBP

What do you mean by holding it in bed?

Just get any Smart Cover/case and you won't need to hold it in bed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.