Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SixStringsCH

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Switzerland
I made this special thread for those, who ordered their Macbook Pro 2016 at a reseller.

Mine (15", 460, 1TB) was ordered on 2. November at DataQuest / Letec AG Switzerland, still no movement or information.

sebastiannitu

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2016
I've ordered from iStyle Romania (Brasov Coresi Mall Store) my 13inch, 16GB RAM, CTO on the 3rd of November. Initially, they told me I will get it by 25th of November, then by 15ht of December and now "early next year". My God these retailers suck!

Cosmin Hodis-Mindras

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2016
I've ordered my maxed-out 15" from Noumax Romania, online, on the 11th of November. They said that the ETA would be 4-5 weeks. That should be sometime next week. So I'm just waiting, for now...

SeanOg

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
Good thread! I ordered from APR in Ireland on November 1. No movement yet. They indicated 4-6 weeks when I placed the order. At present they can only tell me that it hasn't shipped. They claim to have no control. Probably it is tough for the Resellers who are depending on the Distributors. However the resellers are customers of the Distributors and should be complaining loudly about orders not being processed quickly. 13'' BTO i7 512 16

sebastiannitu

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2016
I've ordered my maxed-out 15" from Noumax Romania, online, on the 11th of November. They said that the ETA would be 4-5 weeks. That should be sometime next week. So I'm just waiting, for now...

I surely hope Noumax can respect that deadline! From what I know iStyle/Noumax order their products from Apcom which order their products from Apple. Apcom builds up the stock for several countries and then ship the products in batch quantities which means that while Apcom MAY receive their order in 3-4 weeks, that doesn't mean that they will actually ship it to iStyle / Noumax in that timeframe.
[doublepost=1481107813][/doublepost]
Good thread! I ordered from APR in Ireland on November 1. No movement yet. They indicated 4-6 weeks when I placed the order. At present they can only tell me that it hasn't shipped. They claim to have no control. Probably it is tough for the Resellers who are depending on the Distributors. However the resellers are customers of the Distributors and should be complaining loudly about orders not being processed quickly. 13'' BTO i7 512 16

Sorry but this is not our problem. When I "dropped" 2.5 K Euros in the store the mac was shipping so fast that I was afraid I might be out of the country. Now, since the invoice is paid they have pushed and pushed and pushed that deadline. What does this mean? Classic, they rush in to take your money and then use their Customer Service Training to "Deliver a difficult message" about the fact that they've opened their preorder window way sooner than Apple / Apcom could handle it!

This, of course, doesn't make them scammers, just greedy! I am pretty sure that a Distributor would have told them about the stock issues, it's basic Business to Business operations.

L.E. Should also add as an example the fact that while Apple reduced the price of USB Type C to USB A "Dongle" to just $9, the retailers still sell them for EUR 30 and at least in Romania, the have "no plans to reduce the pricing."

Last edited:

bananajuices

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2014
Great idea to make a seperate thread for this! Looks like we made a bad choice by ordering our MBPs through a middle-man...

Ordered a CTO 13" MBP with TB (16GB Ram, baseline SSD and CPU) at the biggest Belgian Apple Reseller (Switch.be) on 11/11/16.

They are telling me they should be receiving their first units before next week on Friday 15/12/2016.
However they told me it takes longer for distributors to order these from Apple and to dispatch it to resellers. Because I ordered a CTO, apparently I shouldn't be surprised if Mac would only reach me by 2017 :(.

I'm really contemplating on cancelling my order and simply placing a new one directly from Apple. They are estimating shipping would only take 2-3 weeks... Seems like the best bet if I want my MBP before Christmas right?

SixStringsCH

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Switzerland
L.E. Should also add as an example the fact that while Apple reduced the price of USB Type C to USB A "Dongle" to just $9, the retailers still sell them for EUR 30 and at least in Romania, the have "no plans to reduce the pricing."

I've also seen this in other countries. Thats crap and just another way to make money with no additional work.
So the best way to avoid this is ordering directly from apple-store.
[doublepost=1481110067][/doublepost]

Here is a little Overview about delivery-frames for swiss resellers:
Interdiscount (Apple Reseller): 12.12.2016
DataQuest (Apple Premium Reseller): No Information
Brack: 19.12.2016
Digitec: Some 13" TB in Stock, no information about 15"
Microspot: 12.12.2016
Steg Computer: 13" in Stock, 15" 2-4 Weeks
MElectronics: 4 Weeks
Media Markt: 13" in Stock, 15" 455 some singles in stock
Fust: 13" in Stock, No Information about 15"

Refering to istocknow.com, there are no macbook pro 2016 (13" and 15") at apple stores in stock (For Switzerland).

Last edited:

SeanOg

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
Great idea to make a seperate thread for this! Looks like we made a bad choice by ordering our MBPs through a middle-man...

Ordered a CTO 13" MBP with TB (16GB Ram, baseline SSD and CPU) at the biggest Belgian Apple Reseller (Switch.be) on 11/11/16.

They are telling me they should be receiving their first units before next week on Friday 15/12/2016.
However they told me it takes longer for distributors to order these from Apple and to dispatch it to resellers. Because I ordered a CTO, apparently I shouldn't be surprised if Mac would only reach me by 2017 :(.

I'm really contemplating on cancelling my order and simply placing a new one directly from Apple. They are estimating shipping would only take 2-3 weeks... Seems like the best bet if I want my MBP before Christmas right?
2-3 weeks is time to dispatch. With another 7-10 days for delivery.....

Cosmin Hodis-Mindras

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2016

That's why I ordered my dongles from computeruniverse.net – a German online store – that have them discounted as Apple did. I already bought quite a lot of stuff from them, including large items (printers, displays).

CloudIX

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2016
Zürich, Switzerland
Ordered on 07.11 at Heiniger AG in Switzerland, 15" stock on 2.7Ghz CPU version. Before the order I asked the delivery window and they told me 3-4 weeks. After the order they told me 4-6 weeks. This week they told me the earliest is end of December and most probably January.
[doublepost=1481118528][/doublepost]
I've also seen this in other countries. Thats crap and just another way to make money with no additional work.
So the best way to avoid this is ordering directly from apple-store.
[doublepost=1481110067][/doublepost]

Here is a little Overview about delivery-frames for swiss resellers:
Interdiscount (Apple Reseller): 12.12.2016
DataQuest (Apple Premium Reseller): No Information
Brack: 19.12.2016
Digitec: Some 13" TB in Stock, no information about 15"
Microspot: 12.12.2016
Steg Computer: 13" in Stock, 15" 2-4 Weeks
MElectronics: 4 Weeks
Media Markt: 13" in Stock, 15" 455 some singles in stock
Fust: 13" in Stock, No Information about 15"

Refering to istocknow.com, there are no macbook pro 2016 (13" and 15") at apple stores in stock (For Switzerland).

13" are in stock, don't trust istocknow. Apple store in Zürich, Glatt Zentrum has 13" on stock (been there yesterday) but no model of 15". However, they said they had a limited amount but sold them and I should check from time to time as they will receive new units from time to time. There's no 15" unit in Apple Store on Bahnhofstr. neither. Best is to go and ask, or as the guy told me, call them on the phone and ask.

Kaushik0312

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2016
I ordered 15" 2.7Ghz ,512GB,RdPro 455 from Adorama USA on 5/12 and it shipped on 6/12 through UPS.
UPS site says expected delivery is 8/12 end of day :):):)

Oesoto

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2016
Medellín, Colombia
I ordered a 13" with touch bar 3.3GHz i7 | 16GB | 512GB | Space Gray from B&H on November 3rd and no news so far

It's taking longer than expected

TIV

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2016
Übach-Palenberg, Germany
Ordered from Aixxess in Aachen on the 31st of October and haven't gotten a specific delivery date. I was told to wait, as the Macbook seems to be super popular.

pshifrin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010

13 i7/16/512 is carried in store (at least in the US) as one of their "secret" BTO models. I got mine on launch day in NY. Maybe you can pop up to Belfast and get one?

insidious_kun

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2016
St. Petersburg
I ordered from itronic premium reseller in Finland - 15" base model with gpu upgrade (460) on 5th November. Still no movement :( I really hope that they made an order directly from apple.

SeanOg

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
13 i7/16/512 is carried in store (at least in the US) as one of their "secret" BTO models. I got mine on launch day in NY. Maybe you can pop up to Belfast and get one?
Really? On the Apple website, store pickup for this model is in January?

JackDaniels3

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2016
Bulgaria
...about the fact that they've opened their preorder window way sooner than Apple / Apcom could handle it!

This, of course, doesn't make them scammers, just greedy! I am pretty sure that a Distributor would have told them about the stock issues, it's basic Business to Business operations.

Apple doesn't have any issues to handle the orders from the distributors. The distributors cannot handle the orders coming from the resellers, because of incompetence and greed. They do not place orders when they receive them, they place them when they have a pile of orders. Delivery cost reduction and mass order cost reduction. Pure greed. And when they receive units, they distribute first to the selected resellers according to their gain, not according to who ordered first.

My order was for stock 13TB, nothing fancy. Every week they tell me "next week" and now its "You should consider yourself lucky if you receive your order before Christmas". Next time they'll probably tell me that I should consider myself lucky if I receive my mac at all.
So if the latest estimates are correct, I'll receive my MBP 13' TB STOCK ~90 days after I've placed my order.

SeanOg

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2016
Apple doesn't have any issues to handle the orders from the distributors. The distributors cannot handle the orders coming from the resellers, because of incompetence and greed. They do not place orders when they receive them, they place them when they have a pile of orders. Delivery cost reduction and mass order cost reduction. Pure greed. And when they receive units, they distribute first to the selected resellers according to their gain, not according to who ordered first.

My order was for stock 13TB, nothing fancy. Every week they tell me "next week" and now its "You should consider yourself lucky if you receive your order before Christmas". Next time they'll probably tell me that I should consider myself lucky if I receive my mac at all.
So if the latest estimates are correct, I'll receive my MBP 13' TB STOCK ~90 days after I've placed my order.
Would it not be easier to cancel the order at this stage?

JackDaniels3

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2016
Bulgaria
Would it not be easier to cancel the order at this stage?
I was thinking about that and just to buy it from another country, but I have my reasons to stick to the reseller and hope that the distributor will ship soon enough. Also since it's a stock model, I didn't have to pay before delivery, so at least my money are not blocked.
The waiting game is killing me though.

sebastiannitu

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2016
Actually I've been in contact with iStyle, they confirmed that ANY CTO orders placed will be delivered starting January. Now the problem is that January can be the 1st, the 15th of the 30th for that matter. Canceling is not an option because if I cancel and order from Apple.de, for example, it will take another "3 to 4 weeks" to get the order to Germany and another week to have someone ship it for me to Romania. :|. So that brings us back to... January even February

JackDaniels3

macrumors member
Jan 13, 2016
Bulgaria
For CTO/BTO okay, I understand, but for stock models to wait for months... come on, this is ridiculous.
This is APCOM crap. Cheap bastard5.

@sebastiannitu If your model is popular, you can ask a friend to walk in in different apple stores and find it for you.

pshifrin

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2010
Really? On the Apple website, store pickup for this model is in January?

This CTO along with the 15inch 2.9/16/460 are carried in stores but will never show online stock, you just have to "ask" for them. Strange I know. According to http://www.istocknow.com/live/ the Belfast store has stock of basic configs so there is a chance they may have stock of 13 3.3/16/512. Maybe you can ring them and find out before you waste a trip.

Matmc

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2016

Any news?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.