Macbook Pro 2016 screen goes to sleep at random

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cobratom, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Cobratom macrumors newbie

Every now and again, the screen on my 2016 Macbook Pro goes to sleep. I have turned off all energy savings preferences that i can see, and I only have noticed it in battery mode. But it will time out and the screen will go to sleep/black out. Even when doing something like playing a youtube video.

It does not lock the macbook, just a touch of the trackpad and it doesn't do it again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

2. Cvx5832 macrumors regular

System Preferences > Energy Saver > Battery tab > "Turn display off after" slider

3. Cobratom thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, but..
    I wish it were that easy.

Attached Files:

4. pmbooks macrumors regular

pmbooks

Same odd behavior here.

5. XSharp macrumors newbie

I am experiencing this same issue. Some days it happens a couple of times. Other days not at all. If I click the trackpad the screen comes right back on.

6. Danielasel macrumors newbie

Danielasel

--- Post Merged, Oct 16, 2017 ---
    Hey! Did u find an answer ? Mine is doing the same and no, it's not the magnet thing !
    Freaking out here, I'm in the middle of nowhere, miles away from an apple tech and need the computer to finish an edit !

7. maxx_mail macrumors newbie

8. Mehanig macrumors newbie

Mehanig

9. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

Are you up to date? And does this happen while you have an external monitor plugged in?

10. Mehanig macrumors newbie

Mehanig

Yes, latest Hight Sierra.
    Its happening both, with any monitor and without one.
    Made a guess that it might be related to TouchID feature, so disabled it few hours ago. Will see if it helps.

11. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

I had the issue where if I plugged my 2016 in to an external monitor it would immediately go to sleep if I left it alone for about 5 seconds, then it would not happen for awhile. Was very weird.

12. Sterkenburg macrumors regular

I've been seeing this issue pop up once in a while since I started using my 2016 MBP one year ago. It's not really a big deal, as it happens rarely in practice, but it's definitely weird and no update or setting could fix it for good.