MacBook Pro (2016) Won't Send iMessages - Hardware Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HelixOmnimedia, Jun 5, 2017.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hey,

So purchased the MacBook Pro in November 2016, and restored in in April, and since then I can't send iMessages unless the number is changed and I add a +44.
    Chatted with Apple Support; the machine has been restored about six times, and still no solution. It was passed to engineering basic reply:

"They stated any resolution for us will come in the form of a future software update, if one can be found here."

My issues here; it can't really be software since the machines has been restored countless of times, it can't be my "account" as it works on my old 2008 MacBook and other Macs. Its not just me; had others sign in and they get the same issue.

So can it be hardware?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

No, its software.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It can't be hardware but seems to be an issue with your software not recognising british phone numbers, did you buy the machine abroad for instance...

4. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Machine was purchased in the U.K. directly through Apple, however it does have a custom US keyboard.

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

have you tried setting the region in settings?? that may help but I think you may have a US unit that thinks its in the US there.

6. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

This is what apple support thought. All setting point to UK, all applications are set to U.K. As well as keyboard, region, time zone, everything that could change has been changed.

This is what's making me think its hardware relatated. Before being pointed toward online support, a genius said that the hardware inside the macs are serialaised and that it could be linked to the issues.
    It totally went above my head but now I'm thinking they're on to something since multiple software restores still can't fix it.

7. HelixOmnimedia thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Maybe I'll wait until macOS High Sierra to complain again.