Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

evgradostev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2020
Hello, today i installed a new screen on my 2017 macbook pro 15 inch A1707, to do the installation i had to unplug the battery, i did the whole installation and the new screen works great, everything is great until i noticed that the battery is stuck at 1% and The macbook only works because its connected to the charger. I need help to figure out what to do, the battery is not damaged, everything is plugged correctly, already tried re-plugging the battery and didn’t help, any advice?

evgradostev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2020
Also the macbook doesn’t turn on if i press the power button although the ac cord is connected, it only turns on when i unplug and plug the ac cord.

evgradostev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2020
After the screen broke the macbook stayed one month without battery and wasn’t connected to anything, i think thats the reason why its not charging now...

Hankcah

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Any luck or update?

I'm having a similar issue. Mailed my Late 2016 MBP A1707 MBP to Rossman Repair Group as they do free diagnostics and appear to be more technical than even certified shops out there.

Natzoo

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Any luck or update?

I'm having a similar issue. Mailed my Late 2016 MBP A1707 MBP to Rossman Repair Group as they do free diagnostics and appear to be more technical than even certified shops out there.
Not exactly sure, but 2017 has the T1 chip and I'm not sure if the display is locked to that specific MacBook.

Hankcah

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Not exactly sure, but 2017 has the T1 chip and I'm not sure if the display is locked to that specific MacBook.
Are you still troubleshooting your MBP? Looks like you can get a replacement battery on https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/MacBook-Pro-15-Inch-Retina-Late-2016-2017-Battery/IF117-070 or even just battery through Amazon. I'd honestly try out the battery first. Then troubleshoot from there. Since it's $100 ish then worst case you have a new battery. You already replaced the charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.