"Macbook pro 2017: is it noticeable lighter and thinner?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Retromac2008, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Retromac2008 macrumors regular

Retromac2008

i find 2015 13 and 15 macbook pro both unusable : too heavy and thick.

i find decent macbook air 13 and i think 11 could be perfect.

how you consider the new macbook pro 2017 ?

2. New_Mac_Smell macrumors 65816

New_Mac_Smell

They've always been incredibly thin and light, and you find them too heavy and thick?

The 15" 2017 is closer to the 13" in weight. But vast majority of people find these things very easy to use, you may be an extreme case, it may be best for you to go to an Apple Store and pick a few up. And perhaps visit a gym on the way home :).

Try the 12" rMB, if you find that too big and heavy then lord help you.

All weight specifications as always are available if you google "2017 MBP specifications".

3. T-Bob macrumors 6502

T-Bob

Yes they're quite a bit more portable, I switched from MacBook to new mbp in large part because it is lighter than last gen.

4. Sterkenburg macrumors regular

Wow, "unusable"? :p

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I think you're being a little overdramatic here. RMBPs have always been among the lightest laptops in their category, and 2016/2017 models take it a step further (to the point that several people complain they are too thin). If that's still too much, then I'd say a MBA or rMB would be your only options.

Btw, I find it slightly funny that in another thread you were looking for a used 2010 15" MBP, and now you find a 2015 13" to be too bulky... but oh, well.