Macbook Pro 2017 Screen Glitches

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chriscrk, Nov 8, 2017.

1. chriscrk macrumors 6502a

chriscrk

I bought a new MBP 2017 just over a week ago. Everything has been running fine, but lately, sometimes when I turn off the computer, the screen will go light green for a few seconds and then power down.

I've also noticed that in startup, about halfway through the screen does a quick glitch and then loads up.

Everything on the computer seems to be running fine, it only happens in start up and shutting down.

I did a clean install this morning but it still happens.

Anyone know what could be happening?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Is it a 15 inch?? It’s most likely just the graphics card switching nothing to worry about.

3. chriscrk thread starter macrumors 6502a

chriscrk

Yeah it's the 15.

I have found a few threads with people mentioning the same green screen happening after they installed High Sierra (which I'm running as well), so hopefully it's nothing serious....

I just get scared because I went through the 2011 MBP issue and it was horrible, and it'd suck to see signs of something like that again on a brand new MBP.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Yeah I've seen other mentions of this and graphics card switching is the reason that I have seen given when one is, I wouldn't worry unless you are having issues, there are also issues with the dGPU not awaking after sleep on some high sierra installs so keep an eye on that too.