Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gaprofitt

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Hey All,

Trying to decide between these two..

I like the nVidia 1050ti in the Lenovo, the RAM is upgradable and the 4k display.

The Mac I prefer mac apps over Windows apps, but I don't hate Windows at all. I do Capture One, Lightroom, Adobe Premiere, some gaming, mainly heavy photo editing.

I think the Mac will have better battery life given the video card isn't near the nVidia.. The mac will also have better speakers.. That 4k display though, and the graphics card.. I prefer the Lenovo keyboard greatly to the Mac. I'm not crazy about all the issues Apple has had lately, defective keyboards, not admitting it etc..

The Lenovo out the door is $2199, about the same as the mac.

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Lenovo has much better aRGB accuracy as well, since Apple instead chose to focus on the P3 gamut.

Also, SSD is upgradable in the Lenovo. There are two M.2 SSD slots and those can be configured as RAID 0 or 1.

With Lenovo, you aren't tied to dongles for everything as they have a good port selection

Apple has a better trackpad

Lenovo has a shorter battery life but will charge faster.

It sounds like most of the Apps you use are OS neutral.

You can get a cheaper and longer warranty with Lenovo without the extreme "co-pays" that Apple charges.

Apple has brick and mortar stores if you live near one for in-person service.

Otherwise, I think you summed up the rest of the pros and cons of each.

I know, it isn't much help, but it is something only you can decide really :)

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
Doesn't the Lenovo only have a single wifi antenna? Maybe post the link to the actual devices you're considering and you might be able to get more reliable answers.

_Kiki_

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2017
Lenovo has on-site service, you don't have to bring laptop to the store like Apple
Go for Lenovo, everything it's better in this laptop, even keyboard is a liquid proof

SDColorado

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2011
Highlands Ranch, CO
Lenovo has on-site service, you don't have to bring laptop to the store like Apple
Go for Lenovo, everything it's better in this laptop, even keyboard is a liquid proof

They do, though my own personal experience with Lenovo on-site service was... well... lets just say it was pretty much non-existant.

Edit: I realize that varies from area to area depending on who they contract, but that 3rd party they contract can be their weakest link

_Kiki_

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2017
2x2. So not only is the wifi not better, it’s not even as good, it has up to 67% of the capability.
you found one argument against Lenovo, I can give you more arguments against MBP
wifi module it's not replaceable in MBP, practically nothing is replaceable, more like a toy than serious machine
no ethernet port in MBP it's a total bust in professional use, not replaceable SSD also is a big bottleneck if you want future proof machine, also no liquid proof keyboard in MBP

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
you found one argument against Lenovo, I can give you more arguments against MBP
wifi module it's not replaceable in MBP, practically nothing is replaceable, more like a toy than serious machine
no ethernet port in MBP it's a total bust in professional use, not replaceable SSD also is a big bottleneck if you want future proof machine, also no liquid proof keyboard in MBP

It doesn't matter.

You said that the Lenovo was better in every regard. Obviously it's not, and so you're wrong.

_Kiki_

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2017
It doesn't matter.

You said that the Lenovo was better in every regard. Obviously it's not, and so you're wrong.

you tried to insinuate about single wifi antenna without any research, so dude you are burned after first post, if you want spam forum by useless posts you should do somewhere else

Last edited:

Howard2k

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2016
you tried to insinuate about single wifi antenna without any research, so dude you are burned after first post, if you want spam forum by useless posts you should do somewhere else

I asked a question - you can tell because it had a question mark at the end.
I then provided real information to correct your silly statements, proven you wrong (as you often are when you make silly blanket statements).

_Kiki_

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2017
I asked a question - you can tell because it had a question mark at the end.
I then provided real information to correct your silly statements, proven you wrong (as you often are when you make silly blanket statements).
stop asking silly questions, you should start answer to them !!!
wow, what genius here used my link to check the review, congratulations, you made your first step to knowledge, big progress

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.