MacBook Pro 2019

Syntaxghost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
Hi

Is this good upgrade to i9 2019 MacBook Pro good for iOS and mac programming?

mragarg

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2013
Atlanta, GA
It depends where you are coming from; more details would help like what is your current machine and reason for upgrading?

Syntaxghost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
I have iMac 2015 2tb 8gb of ram. I want to use the new one for freelance for iOS an Mac programming. Does this MacBook Pro would have T2 probs?

mragarg

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I currently don't have one right now but I'm on the same boat as you. From what I've gathered the 2019 does not seem to have any T2 issues (probably because it's still too early to tell). Also, it seems like right now would be the best time to buy the 2019 MBP because it's the final version of this generation. So it's essentially 'perfected', especially when comparing to the upcoming new redesign which could be prone to more issues due to it being first-year.

Syntaxghost

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2019
T
I currently don't have one right now but I'm on the same boat as you. From what I've gathered the 2019 does not seem to have any T2 issues (probably because it's still too early to tell). Also, it seems like right now would be the best time to buy the 2019 MBP because it's the final version of this generation. So it's essentially 'perfected', especially when comparing to the upcoming new redesign which could be prone to more issues due to it being first-year.

Thank for the information.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
From what I've gathered the 2019 does not seem to have any T2 issues (probably because it's still too early to tell).
Actually there has been some reports. I don't think apple has fully resolved that problem but each update makes it occur less and less

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I hope they fix it in the macOS 10.14.6
People have been saying that since the T2 made an appearance in the iMac Pro in 2017. As I mentioned with each iteration apple has improved the stability, the problem is that they're integrating proprietary technology that offloads some processing and imposes security, which is causing the system to crash. I'm not a fan of the T2, but if you want a mac you have to accept the existence

RumorConsumer

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2016
People have been saying that since the T2 made an appearance in the iMac Pro in 2017. As I mentioned with each iteration apple has improved the stability, the problem is that they're integrating proprietary technology that offloads some processing and imposes security, which is causing the system to crash. I'm not a fan of the T2, but if you want a mac you have to accept the existence
the 2019 model's T2, in my experience, is very well behaved with none of the malarky the 2018 experienced.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
the 2019 model's T2, in my experience, is very well behaved with none of the malarky the 2018 experienced.
Agreed, though, i've seen a couple of people have issues. One was from a youtuber (ZoneofTech), I'm not sure if his replacement MBP is better, but he had to turn in the one he originally bought for T2 crashes. It was an addendum to his review video, where he initially said he was problem free.

Like the keyboard, apple has refined the solutions and its much better