Macbook Pro + 30" ACD remembering settings?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mediamab, Jul 3, 2009.

1. mediamab macrumors member

Hiya Guys,

Im just about to purchase a macbook pro and 30"acd..

I was wandering though...

Does the system remember your settings or "layout" when connected to the display and when not...

for example... i wan the dock on the external display when plugged in and ill be able to have more tool boxes open in photoshop... but when using it portable.. id have a much different set up...

does it remember how you have it set up when an external display is connected and when its not? or do u have to keep re layying apps and toolboxes etc out - and also movign the dock to the external screen..

cheers for your help!

2. Ruahrc macrumors 65816

More or less. It remembers that the dock is supposed to be on the external. Most of the time windows remember where to go too. Sometimes I find I need to adjust the sizes of the windows to fit the bigger screen again though, or to move the windows around when I'm only using the laptop screen because they run off the edges.

Ruahrc

3. mediamab thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the advice... i guess then really it doesnt actually remember.. and if i go straight from sleep and disconnect the screen things could go a little messy. just a shame there isnt a way so it remembers everything... as im going to be docking and un docking from the screen quite frequently..