MacBook Pro 3rd Party RAM- What kind and the most affordable?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ryuukumori, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

So I just joined the community since I'm going to see about purchasing a MacBook Pro after an update coming in the very near future. I just wanted to know what specific RAM I can purchase (2 2GB Sticks for 4 GB) from what brand, what type, and where to buy. I don't mind online, but I highly encourage myself for local (I'll look up some stores around my area for good RAM).

So the ultimate question is, what is the cheapest, most usable 2- 2GB sticks I can buy for an upcoming MacBook Pro? I have seen tutorials on how to add RAM to Pros on youtube, but am a bit skeptical about voiding my warranty. Does it void a warranty? Thanks for any help.

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

If you provide your location, i.e states, UK etc can better advice.

3. Eluzion macrumors 6502

It will not void your warranty. Just make sure to use the proper size screw driver (phillips #00) as the screws are small/easy to strip and have loctite on them. Also make sure to discharge yourself of any static electricity (touch bare metal). Common sense stuff for the most part but common sense doesn't seem so common now days.

I just ordered these last week. Running flawlessly.

4. Ryuukumori thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry guys for not telling you all my location. I am in Washington State in the USA.

@Eluzion- those RAM look good. I'll see if they sell them local. Any other ideas?

5. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

You can buy any brand that you want. Just make sure it's at least DDR2 667.