Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sejanus

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 3, 2005
Hi,

The 100gb 7200rpm drive in my macpro has failed. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name/model number of it - I'm assuming it's a seagate of some sort.

The reason is I might have to just skip the warranty and buy another one and install it myself - i can't afford to be without it for long - last time i sent a powerbook to apple it took them 3 weeks.

I don't have a small enough screwdriver to open up the macbook though to see it myself I'll get one on monday.

cheers

Anonymous Freak

macrumors 603
Dec 12, 2002
Cascadia
sejanus said:
Hi,

The 100gb 7200rpm drive in my macpro has failed. I was wondering if anyone could tell me the name/model number of it - I'm assuming it's a seagate of some sort.

The reason is I might have to just skip the warranty and buy another one and install it myself - i can't afford to be without it for long - last time i sent a powerbook to apple it took them 3 weeks.

I don't have a small enough screwdriver to open up the macbook though to see it myself I'll get one on monday.

cheers

Mine has a Seagate ST910021AS in it. The Hitachi 7200 RPM notebook drives benchmark slightly faster, though, if you want the fastest...

DMPDX

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2005
sejanus said:
Hi,

cheers
If you go and replace it ourself you could possibly void your warranty, making future repairs by apple impossible. I advise that you have an authorized apple service provider do it for you rather than risking the future warranty of the machine.
-dsm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.