macbook pro 98% battery health out of box....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mbvmbmb, Oct 10, 2017.

1. mbvmbmb macrumors member

mbvmbmb

what gives?

the battery has been sitting at 98-99 percent. it only has 6 cycles...

i noticed that the battery is 3 months old though.. i got the machine last friday from apple brand new

2. The Mercurian macrumors 68000

3. leman macrumors G3

Part of normal fluctuation. Most batteries are larger than the declared spec anyway, so you probably have no reason to complain. You can of course calculate the actual capacity in Wh and compare it to Apple's spec. If its below, you ar ein your right to demand a replacement.

4. mbvmbmb thread starter macrumors member

mbvmbmb

its down to 96 % people.

i feel like i got less than other people

5. leman macrumors G3

Well, whats your actual capacity? You can use a third-party app that will calculate the Wh figure for you. Or you can do it yourself.

6. jerryk macrumors 601

The percentages are just estimates. Until you use the unit for a while they bounce all over. You will probably see some over 100% after your charge. and then the next day see only 95% after you charge.

7. TonyK macrumors 65816

TonyK

Using Coconut Battery it can be seen the % changes over the course of battery usage. Fully charged my MBP shows 99.6% to 99.8% of actual battery condition. When it was brand new it was 100.6%. The MBP has 22 charge cycles on it which is not bad. Of course my computer usage has dramatically changed with getting the laptop. Used to be on the Mac daily. Now I'm not, instead using my iPhone or iPad more frequently.

Personally I wouldn't worry too much at this time.