MacBook Pro A1226 broken LCD external monintor problem....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nickeverett1981, Jan 19, 2013.

1. nickeverett1981 macrumors newbie

hi all, my macbook pro has a smashed LCD panel due to spectacular cycling accident. the machine itself still works fine and i have been using since without any problems by connecting it to an external monitor. the monitor has always just automatically woken up as i turn on the MBP. then yesterday i turned on the MBP and nothing happend. the external monitor did not wake up. i know the MBP is booting up as usual because i can hear it doing so through its own speakers. i dont remember changing anything the last time i was using it. i have no way of changing any settings in side the machine and i dont know what to do. i have tested the monitor and connections with another laptop and it works fine. does anybody have any ideas? please help... im on the brink of smashing things....:confused:

2. duervo macrumors 68000

duervo

Sounds like your GPU is toast, since you get no display at all now. Probably going to need a new logic board.

In the future, I would recommend a case like this, if you're going to be cycling with your laptop:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...table-laptop-protection-system-a?ref=category

(I'm personally on the fence about getting one, because I really like the backpack that I have, but I can easily see how this one can be immensely valuable, especially after imagining your laptop flying through the air.)

3. nickeverett1981 thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm. im not sure im ready to believe that its finally died... i already lost the battery due to expansion problem and LCD is smashed. if the graphics chip is shot as well i might as well bin the thing. that or spend enough money on it that i could buy a new one......

isnt there any magical mac tricks i can try? im heart broken....