MacBook Pro A1226 Replacement Trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nyzwerewolf, Aug 26, 2010.

1. nyzwerewolf macrumors regular

Hey guys, after 3 years of everyday use of my MacBook Pro A1126, my Trackpad button went crazy on me. It does not press normaly. It presses but it presses all the way to the right and left. I'm guessing something inside broke causes a normal balanced press to fail?

Where can I purchase a replacement Trackpad for my MacBook Pro? I checked ebay, powerbookmedic, ifixit, macfreaks websites and could not find it. Does anyone know any other sites?

This is the Trackpad I am looking for..

Hope you can help :)
    Thanks!

2. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

You can't buy the trackpad. You can, however, buy the whole upper case which includes the trackpad, as they are attached to each other.
    Try searching for "MacBook Pro Upper Case" or "MBP Top Case" on ebay. That should produce some results.

3. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

This probably won't help, but trying taking out your battery and then clicking your trackpad. The battery might be swollen and thus might affect the clicking of your trackpad. Might end up just needing a new battery (hopefully).

4. RossMc macrumors 65816

RossMc

http://www.thebookyard.com/index.php

Look on there.

If it is not listed give them an email and they should be able to order it in.

I was looking for some screws that hold the battery in place for my MBP and they weren't listed on the site so I sent them an email asking if they had them and they emailed back in a few days saying they could order some in and listed them on the site for me to buy.

They are based in the UK mind, I'm not sure where you are from but they deliver internationally.