Macbook Pro A1286 Screen Backlight Wont Work

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by prg, Aug 24, 2010.

1. prg macrumors newbie

I own a macbook pro unibody A1286. I spilled some soda on it and I followed everything that you would do when a liquid spill happens. After a few days I turned on the macbook pro and I hear the charm and can see the screen with light on it. The back light had gone out on the unit. At first I thought It would be the screen, so I ordered a new screen and tried it out. With the new screen it is the same, the back light for the lcd wont turn on. Everything else on the macbook pro is functional except for the back light.

I even own a mini display port to HDMI adapter and hooked that up to my TV and it worked perfectly. The isight camera works, all the ports work, speakers work, optical drive works. Just the Back light on the LCD does not. Can anyone point me to what could be wrong here?

Thank You.

2. rmbrown09 macrumors 6502a

rmbrown09

Sounds like something you better take it in to fix. Just to double check you are talking about the Apple logo on the back? Not the keyboard or anything else right.

3. prg thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm talking about the LCD, I can see the apple logo and everything I'm doing on the screen but the back light on the screen wont turn on at all, even though I installed a new screen to it. But the funny part is everything works external display, sound, logic drive, speakers. keyboard, mouse pad. usb ports. All works except for LCD back light.

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

the apple logo is illuminated by the screen backlight :)

if you take your mac in a dark room with a flashlight, you can make it shine through :D

5. prg thread starter macrumors newbie

The logo is not the issue. The LCD backlight light is not working at all. So in order to see the screen I need to use a lamp and point it to the screen in order to see.

6. zipper77 macrumors newbie

Same issue

bump.

I have the same issue except I can't get the apple logo to light up. Going to try replacing the LVDS cable (it sustained some damage in the liquid that was spilled on the unit). Should I look at replacing the lamps or the inverter too?