MacBook Pro, about to buy, a few questions first...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, May 15, 2009.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Will the 2.6ghz processor run noticeably cooler than the 2.9ghz?

Would the 5400 HD run cooler or quieter that the 7200?

The SSD Hard drive would make the notebook a little lighter in weight, right? Would it run cooler too?

2. youssefm macrumors 6502

Any hardware that is less intensive or does less work makes the computer run cooler, but with all these the coolness isn't going to be very significant, but the processor should be cooler at 2.6, and ssd is faster but idk about coolness, and the 5400 to 7200 isn't going to be a big difference, but it'll be cooler i suspect

3. magamo macrumors 6502

Either processor runs cool, and it's nothing to worry about.

As for 5400rpm vs. 7200rpm, some models are cooler and quieter and some are not. Also it's kind of subjective when it comes to a HDD noise. A louder HDD doesn't necessarily mean it's more distracting. Actually the stock 5400rpm made a more distracting seeking noise than Hitachi's 7200rpm I installed into the same laptop.

SSD are quiet or silent, if you will. It doesn't make any noise at all, literally. They may be lighter and cooler, but I don't think the differences are noticeable. SSD will drastically improve overall responsiveness.

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I would say any potential temperature differences would be negligible. It really matters much more what you're asking the computer to do at any given time.