Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaholic4life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Hi, I recently downloaded the LiquidMac application for my MacBook Pro. If you're not familiar with the app it simulates liquid on your screen that should move along with your Mac's accelerometer as you tilt it. The problem I've encountered is when tilted to the left, the liquid on my screen goes to the right. I've found a solution someone found explaining that the hard drive is upside down but that solution was for a question asked for the white MacBook, I own the 15" so I'm not sure if the answer could be applied to my situation. If you can confirm the hard drive is upside down or you have an alternate explanation please help, thanks for reading.

fernandovalente

macrumors 6502
Hi, I recently downloaded the LiquidMac application for my MacBook Pro. If you're not familiar with the app it simulates liquid on your screen that should move along with your Mac's accelerometer as you tilt it. The problem I've encountered is when tilted to the left, the liquid on my screen goes to the right. I've found a solution someone found explaining that the hard drive is upside down but that solution was for a question asked for the white MacBook, I own the 15" so I'm not sure if the answer could be applied to my situation. If you can confirm the hard drive is upside down or you have an alternate explanation please help, thanks for reading.

First of all, I'm almost sure a MacBook Pro doesn't have an accelerometer, but a motion sensor. I know this app, there's a box on the preferences that allows you to invert the direction. Make sure it's not checked.

Let me know if it works

macaholic4life

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Yeah sorry about accelerometer, I was thinkin iPhone, but the box isn't checked, I checked it to make it appear the right way but when it is unchecked it is backwards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.