MacBook pro accessories and software question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by youngsunnz, Jul 28, 2010.

1. youngsunnz macrumors regular

I just got a MacBook pro 13 inch I recently also got iWork is there going to e a new iWork and iLife anytime soon? Also I'm new to Mac would it make sense for me to buy a magic mouse or the new magic Trackpad? Do you end up buy a mouse or does the MacBook pro fulfill all the needs? Thank you

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

We don't know if iLife and iWork get update in the next few weeks or months, but there are some indicators for it.

As for mouse or trackpad, just use the trackpad of the MBP for a while to see if that is sufficient for your or if you need a bigger trackpad or a mouse. Any USB mouse will do, no need for the Magic Mouse.

3. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

The mouse all depends on user prefrence. If you're happy with the one on your MacBook, then you don't need a mouse. However if you find it lacking in something, feel free to buy a mouse, and as the poster above me said, you can use any mouse, you're not limited to the Magic or Apple mouse. I don't really see any reason to buy a magic trackpad for you, (Beside user prefrence) as you already have (nearly) the same one in your MacBook already. IMO, the Magic trackpad is more geared to iMac, Mac Mini, and Mac Pro users. All I can say is the old term, "Whatever floats your boat"

As per to iLife and iWork. That's the problem with Apple. No one knows, it's always rumor. However, if a new one comes out in 14 days since you bought your computer, you can get the new version for free. Otherwise, I'm sure it will be discounted otherwise for recent Mac purchasers.

4. youngsunnz thread starter macrumors regular

How about if your playing games like call of duty? Will it be easier to have a mouse and also what are some accessories and software to have if your a student in college I already have iWork