Macbook Pro Accompaniment

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shamash, Mar 19, 2011.

1. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

I'm selling my 13" ultimate MBA since I think 2 laptops is just silly, and looking for the best accompaniment for my MBP. I'm between a 32-37" TV to plug in and use as an extra monitor, to possibly play movies on while using the screen on the MBP for computer stuff, or an iPad 2, which will be more expensive and probably less useful in reality.

Anyone have any tips? If I get a 37" TV, will I be able to use my old MiniDVI adapter in the Thunderbolt slot, and use it as another monitor, IE having a movie maximized on it while gaming on the monitor of the computer?

2. xdbuix macrumors 6502

i got a 32" hooked up. I gotta say i dont use it as often as I should. Because I do get lazy to hook up my 15" mbp. It's a nice feature but not really a necessity imo. Watching on a 15" glossy screen in the dark suffices for me, but if ur still going to buy between the ipad or 32", im going to say the 32" tv because u can get a really nice samsung 32" for $300 1080p and all if u kno where to look. Also, all the functionality of the ipad can be found in ur new mbp so i think the tvs the better choice for u.