Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stefykitty07

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
miami fl
I have a macbook pro..and its used a friend sold it to me for 700 bucks. it has no applecare..anyways..it has been acting up..its been freezing up on me and shutting down by its self. :( it has been sitting in my closet and i have not used it for a month.

i dont have money to have it looked at :(

And i cant stand not being able to use it. i dislike using my other laptop that has windows 7 :| (using it now)

Someone help me..!

coast1ja

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2009
I have a macbook pro..and its used a friend sold it to me for 700 bucks. it has no applecare..anyways..it has been acting up..its been freezing up on me and shutting down by its self. :( it has been sitting in my closet and i have not used it for a month.

i dont have money to have it looked at :(

And i cant stand not being able to use it. i dislike using my other laptop that has windows 7 :| (using it now)

Someone help me..!

It sounds like it may be overheating. Download istatPro and see if the temperatures rise before it freezes or shuts down. You may also try opening it up and reapplying the thermal compound. This seems to help on MacBook Airs, so I would assume it would work the same on MBPs.

Moocher

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
NE Atlanta area
You didn't really give us enough specific information to draw inferences. How old is it? Describe exactly what it does when it freezes and under what circumstances. Etc.

Mooch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.