Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
I have a relatively new Macbook Pro with 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo and 1 GB RAM. When I try to add a printer all I get is a slight blink. I have tried doing it through system preferences, through an application when I have the print window open. I have restarted it numerous times and it still is the same thing. It blinks slightly and then nothing. Any suggestons???

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
OK, things are really getting silly know. I went to where you said and when I click on any of the applications that have the A on them they blink once and then do nothing. So I inserted a DVD I have for iWork '05 - because mine came with a trial version of '06 and I can't open anything with it. In any case when I click on the intall button I get the same slight blink and the dock begins to open a space for the application and then nothing. No matter how many time you click on it, it does nothing. I have repaired permissions and don't know what to do now. Could this have anything to do with the Intel processors??? I need help!!!

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
BL - not sure I understand your response. Did you double click your hard drive icon on the desktop - then double click the Applications folder? Did it open? Did you double click the Utilities folder icon and did it open? If yes to those, were you able to open the Printer Setup Utility folder?

BLDun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2005
Everything opened fine until got inside the utilities folder. Then when I click on the print setup utility all I get is a slight blink and then nothing. So I clicked on the installer icon, the keychain access icon and the print center icon - all have the same applications icon showing - and they all did the same thing. It is the same thing that happens when I put the dvd for iWork in and clicked on the install icon. All I get is a slight blink, the dock begins to open slightly and then closes and nothing happens.

Apple Corps

macrumors 68030
Apr 26, 2003
California
BL - well, I'm probably going to have to punt on this one. You could try the usual reset of PRAM, etc. An archive and reinstall of the OS is also a possible fix. You could put your original OS X disk in the drive and restart while holding C down and see if things work when booted from the original disk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.