MacBook Pro + adobe/should I wait?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by absolutoliver, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. absolutoliver macrumors newbie

    Apr 20, 2006
    You say that the MacBook Pro is not suggested if I run Adobe for business ALL DAY LONG. Instead should buy a powerbook. Would if...

    Since I REALLY want the intel one. What are the chances of buying a powerbook now and then selling it or trading it in for a MacBook Pro when the adobe products catch up. Is that possible and how would I do that and do you think its worth it going that route.

    I have a G4 at home a G5 dual at work and I need a portable. AND I love the idea of .mac thing where it links all of the computers up. Is that available on the Powebook? Thanks for your help guys. You rock!!!
  2. MovieCutter macrumors 68040


    May 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Based on my experience, Adobe Photoshop on my MacBook Pro (2.16Ghz) is as fast as my last Powerbook (1.67Ghz). If you want a laptop, the MBP is the way to go...especially once CS3 comes out...then again, I don't run a business on Adobe apps.
  3. ipacmm macrumors 65816


    Jun 17, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    If you are going to buy a laptop, I would buy the MBP over the Powerbook because even if you do trade it in or sell it for a newer one, it will still be worth more vs. the older powerbook. For adobe, I would just buy the MBP, the software runs good and will be even better once the new version comes out.
  4. Carson macrumors member

    Feb 21, 2006
    Port townsend Wa
    adobes not coming out for almost a year though. I'm buying a PPC imac because the price for the 20 inch is soooo low now. The powerbook will be cheaper and it will run adobe faster (depd on ram) a 2.16 MBP is almost 3000, a 17 inch PB with 2 gb ram will only run 1400 for now and will still hold its price for a while longer.
  5. BakedBeans macrumors 68040


    May 6, 2004
    What's Your Favorite Posish
    I have a maxed out imac (2gb ram, dualcore 2ghz) and although it handles the large apps in rossetta quite well, for business use i am actually going to get a powermac and sell the imac...

    go PPC on this one if you really need it.

Share This Page