MacBook Pro - Advice needed (sorry, last one!)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zoomvroom89, Aug 29, 2008.

1. zoomvroom89 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I had a quick question about the MacBook Pros. Yes, I know they will be releasing new ones later this year, and yes, I know that if I need it know I should buy it, and yes, I know that nobody knows what the updates are gonna be about. But I was wondering if anyone has some general gist about what it'll be? Performance upgrades? Case redesign? Will it be something that people will drool over like when the iPhone came out, or will it be an incremental upgrade?

Also, I'm just considering buying a MacBook Pro right now, since the free iPod seems too good to pass and I really don't want to take the risk of buying a first-gen product anymore, since my experience with the iPhone has been HORRIBLE. But I've heard some things about fauly graphics cards and over-heating? Will this be a big deal in the future?

In YOUR opinion, which would be the safer option: buying it right now with the faulty graphics cards, or buying a first-gen product?

Thanks in advance and sorry if I sounded grumpy/confused :D.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Buy now as the graphics card issue is exaggerated.

3. dragonmantek macrumors regular

dragonmantek

wait till september 9th? thats what i'm doing.

4. dcdude macrumors member

buy the current model used or refurbed after the new models come out

5. zoomvroom89 thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think it'll be September 9th. Wasn't there an article about it being in october? Let alone BEFORE the back-to-school promotion ends.

Anyone else have anything to say about the graphics cards/overheating?

6. johata3 macrumors regular

It can't be October. Either before or after the school promotion. I doubt it'll be September 9th.