Macbook pro Advice

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DIMEZ, Jul 5, 2010.

1. DIMEZ macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

I just sold my macbook pro pre unibody 2.4ghz and 4gb that i bought from apple website in october 08 for $900. I decide to buy a unibody 08, with the same specs except it comes with 4gb ram and a 500gb 7200 harddrive for $1075 and comes with apple care until jun 2012. I am a graphic designer and use photoshop alot, final cut and also do music production with logic. I was wonder if i made the right decision or should of purchased a 2010 macbook pro with the new i5 or i7 processors. I'm really not concerned with the hi res screen. Im just wondering id i should of just spent more money for a newer system with better speed and performance. Is it that much of a difference or did i make the right choice?

thanks
    j

2. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

You got a solid computer for around $1000 which is really great. Don't worry about the i5's or i7's that go for around $2000. The extra thousand dollars isn't worth the speed difference. You don't exactly need the latest and greatest in order to create masterpieces.

3. TZRaceR6 Guest

TZRaceR6

Could have gotten a 2010 13" (minus the 500gb harddrive) for about that price. Better graphics and processor too. And for about another $100 on top of that, you could have added your own 500gb HDD or for $129 a Momentus XT hybrid drive. Think you spent to much for what is essentially a 3 year old computer.

4. DIMEZ thread starter macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

thats what i was thinking...my pre unibody ran fine until recently....since i upgrade to snow leopard without doing a fresh install its been acting up. The machines fans are constantly running as soon as i turn on and has been acting a bit slow. Instead of doing a reinstall of the os. I recently started liking the unibody design...i like the pre unibody look and thats why i bought this one instead. Now it just looked out dated and with the 8600 video card i didnt want to risk it dying down the line. i figured i'd buy a new one and just reinstall everything. I thought for the price it with apple care it would be a good deal and kinda just jumped the gun. I was just making sure i did the right thing.

5. DIMEZ thread starter macrumors 6502a

DIMEZ

i did think about it but i dont want a 13 in....I played with my friends and the screen it two small since i do graphics. technically it was bought it 2009 and was used for about a year so its not that bad even though its the 2008 model. its not even 2 years yet... another thing i liked was that i can just buy another battery and can just remove with removable bottom. i though with 2 years of apple care still left it was an ok deal? am i wrong?