Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GingerEd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
This is my first forum post, so please go easy.

I need help!

After recently taking my MBP 2.0ghz coreduo in for a battery replacement - I too was hit by the 30% shutdown hell - the helpful genius noticed a few niggling issues with my computer. I was well aware of these as they should have been fixed on a previous repair, but I had decided to put up with them. These were minor, faulty light detection - screen flicker and lack of keyboard backlight - and fan noise. But as the offer was made I took it up.

Whilst in for repair the technician noticed that my bluetooth was also defective, so replaced the Airport card too. He replaced an old card with an Airport extreme card... Big mistake!

All very good I thought, how thorough. But oh no, how rubbish!

Since I got it back the airport is acting crazy. It will sometimes work, then stop and refuse to connect to anything – even open networks. My girlfriend has a Powerbook G4 and she has no problems and nor did I before my ‘repair’. Restart doesn’t help, neither does the airport extreme update 2007-004, neither does a full OSx reinstall (up to 10.4 – no Leopard for me yet!).

The problems do not stop there…

I also get slow start-up since this too. Really slow. I have time to go away make a ham sandwich and eat it and I am still on the blank grey screen – not even with the apple sign or spinning gear – nothing. This is intermittent, but I would say it happens about 1 in 4 times. I have run maintenance and tech tool deluxe. No problems found and no fix.

What to do?

Should I get a replacement, since they broke it?

Is this likely hardware?

Software?

Any thoughts or experience would be great.

GingerEd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Just I thought, but with my previous luck I was hoping that I might be able to get away with a software approach.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.