Macbook Pro Airport problem!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kingping14, Apr 1, 2012.

1. kingping14 macrumors member

At work my wireless network is shockingly bad, the wireless will drop randomly if I'm doing some heavy wireless transfer or downloading, luckily the problem isnt too bad and the network kicks back in as soon as I open/close Airport and the program I'm using automatically resumes.

My problem is that I'm not at my desk most of the time and the internet just drops and stops my work progress, I need a way for my Macbook Pro to automatically open/close the Airport whenever the internet drops so I can resume my work.

How can this be done?

2. thomasfrdavis macrumors member

had the same problem a few years ago. bought a better router and everythings been running smooth..

3. kingping14 thread starter macrumors member

wish I could do the same except its all company stuff and the IT guys refuse to replace anything that isnt on its last straw

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Sometimes it isn't us IT guys, it's the beancounters that sign the checks.. Just sayin :)

5. JetSurly macrumors newbie

Had this issue a few months ago with my Airport Express and MBP. The best suggestion I have is to change the channel on your Airport to Channel 11. I am guessing it is on Auto.

Went to the apple store twice, they even replaced the Airport Express, and tested the MBP. Worked fine in their store. Got home, didnt work.

Went through the settings in Airport again and decided to set it to Channel 11 from Auto. Boom, worked like a charm. Havent had a drop in connection yet

6. greenchiliman macrumors 6502

Some magnetic dust in the router would make them replace it real quick.

7. kingping14 thread starter macrumors member