MacBook Pro Airport "Searching"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sirus The Virus, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Sirus The Virus macrumors 6502a

Sirus The Virus

I have a MacBook Pro. When I'm connected to a WiFi network the status things almost consistently says "Searching" then it will go to "OK" every few seconds. The internet is slow too. It seams to be slowly getting worse. Is the Airport going bad? Or is this some kind of software issue? Thanks!

2. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Normal. Every time you click on it, it scans. Every time.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I think it's the router all dying. Rebooting them fixes the slowdowns for a few hours and then it happens again. Well at least that's what is happening to me.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

When you click on the AirPort icon on your Menu bar, you're asking it to search for any available wireless networks. Every time you click it, it searches again. If you're connected to one and not clicking the icon, it's not continuously searching. A slow connection could be many things, including interference from nearby wireless devices, your internet/firewall configuration settings, the speed of the particular sites you browse, or even a problem on your ISP's end. Have you gone to a site like http://speedtest.net/ to check your actual upload/download speeds?