MacBook Pro aluminum surface finish

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djdk224, Sep 7, 2009.

1. djdk224 macrumors newbie

I recently acquired a MacBook Pro from Apple. Its the 15" Unibody model. Upon opening it, I found that the surface of the palm rest has a rough finish to it; kinda as though it didn't go through the final polishing stage or something when it was manufactured. This rough texture feels very uncomfortable to my hands when I type, in comparison to the normal "soft" feel and texture to it that I've experienced with other Unibodies. Has anyone else experienced this with their Macs? If it matters, I got mine from a California distribution center because I got an exchange. Wasn't sure if that had to do with anything, but the seal had been broken once (but resealed with another) for what I presume was to insert the Snow Leopard drop-in DVD. I was assured it wasn't by a manager from customer support, but the computer almost seemed as though it was a refurbished model.

Anyways, thanks in advance for your thoughts. :)

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Then call apple and tell them. We can't fix your notebook.

4. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

I noticed this too. It doesn't have the same feel as my old Powerbook. It almost gives me goose bumps running the back of my fingers against the palm rest.

5. djdk224 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys for your input. I actually called Apple a few days ago (and spent two hours talking with them trying to get this taken care of); I'm sending the machine is for a replacement tomorrow.

@alphaod - No, it doesn't really look any different from the other Unibody models. Just feels different.