Macbook Pro and BestskinsEver/Invisible Shield Compatiblilty with other Cases

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by imac9556, Oct 18, 2008.

1. imac9556 macrumors 6502a

Hi Guys,
    I recently got a new Macbook Pro and installed the Best Skins Ever/Invisible Shield over the computer. However, now I want to buy a case for it that "attaches to it"... You know, something like this:
    http://www.speckproducts.com/products/seethru/macbook-pro-15/25

However, since I installed the invisible shield, the computer is only mm larger and it will be too big to fit those kind of cases (tried it out with my friend's speck see thru)

I know some members have both installed one of these shields and a case like that....Any suggestions to ones that work?

thank you,
    Paul

2. imac9556 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was NOT able to install both. I would recommend RETURNING the speck case. They do not do any good protecting the Macbook or Macbook Pro other than scratching the computer where the "mount" points are (the clips) and actually warp the computer.
    The invisible shield or bestskinsever (the bestskinsever I recommend) would do the same job of protecting the computer from scratches, but with less weight on the computer and does not "warp" the computer.
    Additionally, the speck customer service is terrible and didn't reply or help once the case has done its damage to my Macbook Pro....